Monday, June 02, 2008

Many Things

When I was asked to leave my matrimonial home 14 years ago, I left a house filled with many "treasured" things. All had been slowly gathered over the 25 years that the marriage lasted. My then wife suggested that nothing major be removed from the "home". I accepted this as it would make it "easier on the children". This was, of course, foolish, as "things" do not a family make.

In the aftermath of this event, I first found myself scrambling to assemble the basics - a chair, a table, a pan, etc.

I then determined to rebuild.

The irony of this "rebuilding" has now (14 years later) hit me - I have acquired more things than I need. Ah, that these lessons could be learned without a price!

2 Comments:

At 11:50 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flytta runt oftare. Då lär man sig, kanske!

 
At 3:42 p.m. , Blogger ArtLife said...

Thanks, Ingrid; there must be an easier way!
(translation - "Move more often; then you learn, maybe!")

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home