Friday, September 29, 2006

Growing Orchids

I have been growing orchids for about 10 years. It has never really been a serious pursuit. For example, I have never gone to the extent of providing the ideal environment for a particular variety or invested in the kind of equipment for assured success. Still, I've managed to keep many specimens thriving and even occaisionally bring them into bloom. It is therefore a giant coup for me to have two plants in bloom at the same time! One is an ordinary phalaenopisis and the other a hybrid of various varieties. So, only 10 years to get this photograph!!!

2 Comments:

At 6:48 p.m. , Blogger Elizabeth said...

Very nice photograph it is too! I particularly like the smaller orchids that a bit look like tiger lilies.

 
At 11:08 a.m. , Blogger ArtLife said...

Thanks, ejm; as I said, it took a mere 10 years!!!
Mats

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home