Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Forgiveness

Some years ago I listened to a CBC broadcast in which Jean Vanier spoke about forgiveness as a very important tool of personal liberation. In saying that, I'm simplifying his message; still, it is the essence. The burden of anger is one that will wear one down; it can be shed by the act of forgiveness. All this is easy to say, hard to do.
I had someone steal 25 years of work (photographs) from me about 10 years ago. I thought that this was unforgivable. Now, I realize that I can still create and must let the past go; not exactly in Vanier's terms,but still progress.

1 Comments:

At 8:35 p.m. , Blogger Jean said...

Excellent. So important - it seems all of life is letting go so we can move on to the next adventure.

It is still Sunday - I am still looking at your photos and reading your statements!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home