Saturday, April 16, 2005

A Fascination With Tools

Last Christmas my parents gave me a generous gift certificate for a local hardware chain. I decided to use it to buy tools that wouldn't ordinarily ever find their way into my toolbox; pure indulgence, in other words.
The first was a pair of avation tin snips (yellow for straight cuts). Next I bought a fine toothed flush cut saw; this will cut any wood, like a dowel, without touching the surface it is potruding from (the teeth are set only one way). After that came a set of steel calipers. Then a small butane torch. Last, but not least, I bought a clear protective face sheild to be worn when using all of these tools. Have I used all these tools yet - no; will I - yes . Am I thrilled to have them - YES.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home