Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Baking

Of all the kinds of cooking I've tried to get a handle on, baking is the weakest link in my arsenal. So, it was with some trepidation that I took a shot at baking a bjornkaka (bearcake). This was a dark, cardamon flavoured cake my mother baked for years and was always a huge hit. I decided to use a bundt pan to give it an interesting shape.
Wonders of wonders - it turned out great!

Here is the recipe:
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup melted margarine
3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp freshly ground cardamon seeds (remove the outer husk)
2 tsp cinnamon

Stir eggs and sugar for 5 min. Melt margarine and mix with milk. Let cool.
Mix the wet and dry ingedients.
Grease a pan with margarine and bread with fine breadcrumbs.
Bake in a 350 F oven for about 40 min.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home